FB Fiber Tech Support
FBEMC Broadband strives to answer customer questions and resolve problems as quickly as possible. If you encounter any problems while using our Internet services, please contact us using one of the methods listed below.
Most issues involve Wi-Fi connectivity. Click here to see our Wi-Fi Tips sheet which can help you troubleshoot most Wi-Fi problems.
- During business hours (8:00am to 4:30pm): by phone at 828-649-2051 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- After-hours email support: email@example.com
- After-hours phone support: 828-649-2051 and choose option 5 to leave a message. Calls will be returned on the next business day.
- Maintenance Window: To maintain a secure and reliable network we will conduct periodic maintenance on our equipment that may impact customer connectivity. While this maintenance generally only occurs every 3-4 months, we reserve Wednesday mornings between 4AM and 5AM as a standing maintenance window for items such as: updating firmware, applying patches and upgrading equipment.
On-site support (Includes sending a technician on-site after the initial installation)
Telephone Service Info/Documents
- On-site support after the initial installation is available during normal business hours at a rate of $75/hr with a minimum of 1 hour. If FB Fiber sends a technician during normal business hours and the problem is with our equipment or weather related there will be no charge.
- On-site support is available on nights and weekends at a rate of $150/hr with a minimum of 1 hour. If FB Fiber sends a technician on-site after normal business hours and the problem is with our equipment or weather related there will be no charge.
- If you have damaged your internal fiber patch cable then you may avoid an on-site charge by visiting our Marshall office to pick up a replacement that you may install yourself. If your internal fiber patch cable has been damaged you will be billed for the cost of the cable.
- To check your voicemail, dial *98 from your home phone and then the default password of 8642. You may also visit https://www.mydigitalservices.com to manage your telephone service and access your voicemail. Use your full phone number with area code (no dashes or spaces) as your username and your password is your French Broad EMC account number.
- NOTICE - In the case of a power outage your French Broad Fiber telephone service will not be operation so you will be unable to call 911 if necessary. The only course of action to avoid this issue is to connect your Internet router to a battery backup via an uninterrupted power supply (UPS). You may purchase a UPS from FBEMC or at any electronics store.
- Starcode Guide
- Voicemail Guide
- Service Quick Reference Guide
- Full User Guide